Estimation of Proteins by Lowry method
Reagents for Lowry method:
- Lowry Reagent (or) alkaline copper sulfate solution: Mix 50ml of solution A with 1 ml of solution B, just prior to use.
- Solution A : 2% sodium carbonate in 0.1N NaOH.
- Solution B : 0.5% copper sulfate solution in 1% sodium potassium tartarate solution (to be prepared fresh)
- Folin-Ciocalteau reagent: This is commercially available and has to be diluted with equal volume of water just before use.
- Standard protein solution: Dissolve 200mg of BSA in 100ml of distilled water in a volumetric flask. (concentration-2mg/ml)
- Working standard: Dilute 10ml of stock standard solution to 100ml of distilled water. (Concentration – 200mg/ml).